Did You See All 10 Movies?
To Fly! (IMAX)
A Star is Born
All the President's Men
The Bad News Bears
"Silly Love Songs" - Wings
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" - Elton John & Kiki Dee
"Disco Lady" - Johnnie Taylor
"December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" - The Four Seasons
"Play That Funky Music" - Wild Cherry
"Kiss and Say Goodbye" - The Manhattans
"Love Machine" - The Miracles
"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" - Paul Simon
"Love Is Alive" - Gary Wright
"A Fifth of Beethoven" - Walter Murphy & The Big Apple Band
1. Trinity by Leon Uris
2. Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie
3. Dolores by Jacqueline Susann
4. Storm Warning by Jack Higgins
5. The Deep by Peter Benchley
6. 1876 by Gore Vidal
7. Slapstick: or, Lonesome No More! by Kurt Vonnegut
8. The Lonely Lady by Harold Robbins
9. Touch Not the Cat by Mary Stewart
10. A Stranger in the Mirror by Sidney Sheldon
1. The Final Days by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein
2. Roots by Alex Haley
3. Your Erroneous Zones by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
4. Passages: The Predictable Crises of Adult Life by Gail Sheehy
5. Born Again by Charles W. Colson
6. The Grass ls Always Greener over the Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck
7. Angels: God's Secret Agents by Billy Graham
8. Blind Ambition: The White House Years by John Dean
9. The Hite Report: A Nationwide Study of Female Sexuality by Shere Hite
10. The Right and the Power: The Prosecution of Watergate by Leon Jaworski
Take a trip down memory lane with you pals from the Brown Class of 1980. Try to answer the following questions without resorting to the Internet or your scrapbook. After you're done, click here for answers.
1. What is the name of the artsy punk rock group pictured on this page? And what was the name of their first big national hit?
2. What is Josiah Carberry's middle name? And what is his field of study?
3. What Rhode Island-based group wrote and performed the cult classic song, "Complex World"? Hint: Their astoundingly erudite lyrics include:
"Should I be a math teacher, or an actor?
Should I drive an XKE or a tractor?
It's a complex world --
Sometimes I feel like a ch-ch-ch-chimpanzee."
4. Which of the following people did NOT graduate from Brown?
John D. Rockefeller, Jr.
John Sculley III
John F. Kennedy, Jr.
5. What Brown graduate hosted "This American Life" on National Public Radio?
6. True or False: Brown University was originally named “The College in the English Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations,” but was renamed after Nicholas Brown donated $5,000 to the school in 1804 when tuition was only $5.
7. True or False: Brown was the first Ivy League university to accept students regardless of religious background.
8. What female blues singer performed at Brown during Spring Weekend 1979?
9. When did Josiah Carberry first appear on the Brown campus?
10. What famous singer-songwriter was temporarily barred from re-entering the Brown campus during a concert at which he was scheduled to perform?
11. True or False: Princess Diana of England once spent a night in Metcalf dormitory at Brown following her divorce from Prince Charles (now King Charles III)?
12. Was the closure of the East Campus Dining Center (ECDC) one of the greatest tragedies in the history of human civilization?
13. True or False: The legal drinking age in Rhode Island in 1976 was 18 years of age.
14. True or False: Novelist Ralph Ellison, author of Invisible Man, received an honorary degree from Brown during the 1980 Commencement ceremonies.
15. True or False: St. Mary's, Rhode Island's oldest Roman Catholic parish was founded in 1828. The church is best known as the site of the wedding of Jacqueline Bouvier to John Fitzgerald Kennedy in 1953.
16. What was the freshman curse involving Brown libraries?
17. What was the name of the revolutionary bookstore on Thayer Street during our time at Brown?
18. Also, what is the meaning of Josiah Carberry's bookplate (motto) "Dulce et Decorum Est Desipere in Loco"?
19. How old was John Travolta when he starred in "Saturday Night Fever" and what year did that movie appear?
20. True or False: Thomas Jefferson and John Adams publicly acknowledged Roger Williams as the originator of the principles reflected in The First Amendment. Among those principles were freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and freedom of public assembly.
21. Why does Brown use the abbreviation "A.B." instead of "B.A." on diplomas?
22. What is the name of Josiah Carberry's "future wife"?
Click here for the answers. Good luck!